June 5, 2019
Join FormanWatkins at the Mini Law School for HR Professionals Seminar
Malissa Wilson and Spencer Ritchie will be speakers at the upcoming Mini Law School for HR Professionals seminar. This is a basic level seminar that will examine the current issues in human resource law for attorneys, Human Resources and financial professionals, and other business executives. Malissa and Spencer would love for you to join them! Click here for more detailed information and to register. Seminar info:
Mini Law School for HR Professionals
July 31, 2019
9:00am - 4:30pm
Holiday Inn Pearl - Jackson Area
110 Bass Pro Drive
Pearl, MS 39208
A Comprehensive Primer on Labor and Employment Law
As employment-related litigation rates continue to rise, employers must look for ways to proactively protect themselves in a legal manner. Human resource compliance can be one of the most costly and time-consuming aspects for a business; can you streamline the process and prevent unnecessary risk? This program will get you up to speed so you can return to work confident in your abilities. Know the fundamentals of human resources: from hiring to firing and everything in-between. Register today!
- Get the latest employment law updates you can't afford to miss.
- Understand the importance of thorough and accurate paperwork when hiring new employees.
- Know what a handbook should and should not contain by exploring the advantages and pitfalls of various policies.
- Review alternative dispute resolution tactics that are effective and advantageous for employment-related matters.
- Appropriately apply wage and hour exemption requirements in gray areas such as outside salespeople and highly paid computer professionals.
- Ensure compliance with federal and state WARN Act requirements when performing layoffs.
- Understand unemployment compensation guidelines and how to manage costs.
- Remain up to date on the latest developments regarding employee behavior and controversial social media policies.
- Learn the key steps to investigating employee misconduct thoroughly and legally.