September 30, 2019
Mississippi Photography Contest
Mississippi Photography Contest
Forman Watkins & Krutz LLP is proud to celebrate over three decades in Downtown Jackson! Be a part of the creative energy in our office at the top of the Regions building downtown by participating in the FormanWatkins Photography Contest. Entries from around Mississippi are welcome and will be eligible to win in four categories: Best Overall, Most Mississippi, Judges’ Favorite, and Firm Favorites. To learn more about our firm, please browse our website.
Who Should Enter
Anyone 15 years of age and older! Both professionals and amateurs are encouraged to participate.
How to Enter
- Submit up to five (5) original photos via email to firstname.lastname@example.org using your favorite file/photo sharing tool.
- Submissions are due by Friday, November 1, 2019, at 11:59PM CST.
- All entries must meet the minimum requirements listed in the Participation Rules section below.
- Email Holland Familia, email@example.com, with any questions.
Originality: Use your camera lens to show the judges your take on our state and provide a view into our people, places, culture, and history.
Technical Excellence: Our judges will evaluate your use of lighting, focus, exposure, and overall composition to determine how those elements contribute to creating a powerful and innovative narrative.
Overall Impact: Photography gives you the opportunity to capture a moment with the click of a shutter. We encourage you to make submissions that highlight your skills as a photographer and storyteller. Whether with texture, color, perspective, a smile, a wave, or the swish of a tail, these criteria evaluate the overall experience of your photograph.
“Best Overall” $500 Winner – Awarded to the best overall photograph submission based on the criteria listed above (to be voted on by our judges’ panel).
“Most Mississippi” $400 Winner – Awarded to the photograph that gives expression to our beautiful state; this photograph best represents Mississippi through the eyes of a local photography enthusiast (to be voted on by our judges’ panel).
“Judges’ Favorite” $250 Winner – Awarded as our judges’ personal favorite; this winning photograph can be chosen for any reason, from matching criteria to simply being a great photo they feel deserves to be recognized.
“Firm Favorites” $100 Winner (3) – Awarded based on our team’s three favorite pictures. (Winners will receive a $100 Deville Camera gift certificate.)
- Closing Date: All entries must be submitted via email no later than Friday, November 1, 2019, at 11:59PM CST.
- All questions and inquiries should be sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Forman Watkins & Krutz LLP employees and their immediate family members are not eligible to participate in the contest.
- Photos must be taken in Mississippi.
- You may crop, rotate, resize, sharpen, convert to black and white, adjust white balance, apply color corrections, and adjust light/exposure levels, but you are not allowed to manipulate the photo in other ways, such as by adding or removing objects.
- Photographs that include sculptures, statues, paintings, and other works of art will be accepted as long as they do not constitute copyright infringement or fraud. When photographing the work of others, it must be as an object in its environment and not a full-frame close-up of another person's art.
- The photograph, in its entirety, must be a single work of original material taken by the Contest entrant. By entering the Contest, entrant represents, acknowledges, and warrants that the submitted photograph is an original work created solely by the entrant, that the photograph does not infringe on the copyrights, trademarks, moral rights, rights of privacy/publicity or intellectual property rights of any person or entity, and that no other party has any right, title, claim, or interest in the photograph.
- Image Pixels: Minimum of 2500 in at least one direction
- Image Resolution: 300 dpi
- Maximum File Size: 20 Megabytes (MB)
- Image Format: JPEG or TIFF
- Image Name: lastname.photo#(1,2,3,4,5).jpg
- The Contest is void where prohibited or restricted by law. Forman Watkins & Krutz LLP reserves the right to cancel the Contest or modify these Rules at its discretion. In the event of a dispute regarding the winners, the Firm reserves the right to award or not award the prizes in its sole discretion.
- Release: By submitting an entry, each entrant irrevocably and unconditionally grants and assigns the non-exclusive right (but not the obligation) to Forman Watkins & Krutz LLP and its successors to use entrant’s submitted photograph(s) for any purpose in whole or in part, to reproduce, distribute, display, and create derivative works of the photograph(s).