- University of Mississippi School of Law, J.D., 2006
- Mississippi State University, B.B.A., 2003, magna cum laude, Phi Kappa Phi
- Mississippi, 2006
- Louisiana, 2006
- New York, 2009
- U.S. District Courts for the Northern and Southern Districts of Mississippi
- U.S. District Courts for Eastern, Middle and Western Districts of Louisiana
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
Clients come to know Elizabeth as an innovative thinker who cares not only about their case, but about their business and livelihood. She handles all areas of litigation, advising product manufacturers and premise owners in mass tort actions. Since joining FormanWatkins in 2016, Elizabeth’s practice has been concentrated primarily in the state and federal courts of Louisiana, often defending multiple parties. While the majority of her time is devoted to pre-trial practice, Elizabeth participates in every stage of the litigation life-cycle, from jurisdictional challenges to jury selection.
Elizabeth began her career as an eDiscovery attorney and remains passionate about the opportunity to counsel clients on cost-effective practices for the preservation, collection, review, and production of electronically stored information. Elizabeth is experienced in selecting vendors, negotiating discovery plans, identifying corporate custodians, and managing technology assisted review (TAR). She is a member of multiple working groups within The Sedona Conference, the preeminent authority in eDiscovery rule-making, where she is continually involved in dialogue with industry leaders regarding discovery issues affecting complex litigation.
Prior to joining FormanWatkins, Elizabeth worked as a staff attorney at a firm ranked No. 1 among the most prestigious law firms in the United States by Vault Law 100, participating in the defense of matters involving technology, financial services, and government regulation. Elizabeth also serves on the firm's Technology Committee and Diversity Committee, and she maintains a strong pro bono practice.
Important Litigation Involvement
- Significant trial experience, including voir dire, opening statement, expert preparation, and strategic management.
- Active discovery practice, including eDiscovery negotiation and management, preparation of expert and fact witnesses, deposition cross examinations, and pre-trial motion practice.
- Represents product liability and premise defendants in asbestos and commercial litigation throughout Louisiana.
- Defended mortgage servicers in Mississippi and Louisiana state and federal court litigation involving Truth in Lending Act (TILA), Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA), and Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA), Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act (RESPA), as well as state tax sales, foreclosures, and adversary proceedings in bankruptcy courts.
- Pursued trustee rights in Mississippi and Louisiana state and federal court litigation related to residential mortgage-backed securities.
- Coordinated discovery of residential mortgage-backed securities in multi-district litigation involving mortgage originator.
- Reviewed mainframe software documents in defense of unfair competition lawsuit in U.S. District Court for the Western District of Texas.
- Conducted document review regarding government regulations of wireless chip maker involving antitrust laws and Foreign Corrupt Practices Act.
News & Knowledge
- August 19, 2021
FormanWatkins Attorneys Recognized in 2022 Edition of Best Lawyers®Read More
- July 8, 2021
FormanWatkins Holds Lunch-and-learn on DRI Women in the Law SeminarRead More
- December 28, 2020
2021 Louisiana Super Lawyers and Rising Stars AnnouncedRead More
- November 30, 2020
2020 Mid-South Super Lawyers and Rising StarsRead More
- August 20, 2020
FormanWatkins Attorneys Recognized in 2021 Edition of Best Lawyers®Read More
- February 5, 2020
FormanWatkins Attorneys Attend DRI 2020 Women in the Law SeminarRead More
- January 9, 2020
Penn, Pujol, and Ritchie Promoted to PartnerRead More
- December 19, 2019
2020 Louisiana Super Lawyers and Rising StarsRead More
- November 5, 2019
2019 Mid-South Super Lawyers and Rising StarsRead More
- July 29, 2019
FormanWatkins Co-Hosts and Volunteers at Local Pro Se Legal ClinicRead More
- January 2, 2019
2019 Louisiana Super Lawyers and Rising StarsRead More
- November 30, 2018
FormanWatkins Announces 2018 Mid-South Super LawyersRead More
- December 6, 2017
Capital Area Bar Association Annual Toys for Tots DriveRead More
- November 29, 2017
FormanWatkins Announces 2017 Mid-South Super LawyersRead More
- The Best Lawyers in America®: Ones to Watch, 2021: Mass Tort Litigation/Class Actions – Defendants, Personal Injury Litigation – Defendants, Product Liability Litigation – Defendants
- Selected to Louisiana Rising Stars (2019-2021)
- Selected to Mid-South Rising Stars (2017-2020)
- Mississippi Bar Association
- Louisiana State Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association
- DRI: The Voice of the Defense Bar
- Women in the Law Steering Committee
- The Sedona Conference
- Krewe of Iris
Pro Bono & Community Service
- Joni and Friends, a disability advocacy and support organization
- Mission First Legal Aid Office
- Mississippi Center for Justice
Law School Honors & Awards
- Patrick Michael Magann Public Interest Award
- Mississippi Law Journal, Associate Mississippi Cases Editor
- Prior to joining FormanWatkins, Elizabeth gained over a decade of litigation experience representing the interests of both plaintiffs and defendants in matters involving personal injury, insurance coverage, financial services, securities regulation, unfair competition, and technology.