- Loyola University New Orleans College of Law, Juris Doctor, December 2007, magna cum laude
- Vanderbilt University, B.A. Political Science and Sociology, May 2002, cum laude
- Louisiana, 2008
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- U.S. District Courts for Eastern, Middle and Western Districts of Louisiana
- U.S. District Court for Southern District of Texas
In litigation, clients need honesty, not sugar-coating. They need someone who cares deeply about building strong personal relationships and working hard to represent them well. In litigation, clients need Erin Latuso. With a mind that thrives on logic and practicality, Erin provides her clients with an in-depth, methodical approach that gives them what they need: the truth and peace of mind. Long hours don't weigh on Erin; they motivate her. Before attending law school, Erin worked as a paralegal where she first learned the importance of the procedural side of the law, but more importantly, the value of personal relationships with not only clients, colleagues and team members, but also with peers in the professional community. Today, as a lawyer, Erin makes it her mission to form personal relationships with her clients as she digs deep into the details of their case, analyzing the issue at its core, so that she can better tell their story. Advising, counseling and litigating on behalf of her clients in matters involving, Labor Employment, Professional Liability, Commercial and Contract Disputes, and Toxic Tort Law, Erin's practice never gets stale and she looks forward to each new story she has to write. When working with Erin, clients will feel they have an advocate who respects them and works hard in their name simply because she cares.
Important Litigation Involvement
- Breach of contract action against warehouse for improper storage of precious metals.
- Representation of Louisiana manufacturing facility against class action claims related to alleged emissions from facility.
- Successfully argued the Motor Carrier Act exemption to the FLSA applied to entire class of employees where there was a reasonable expectation that an interstate trip could be assigned to any member of the class of employees. Allen v. Coil Tubing Servs., L.L.C., 846 F. Supp. 2d 678 (S.D. Tex. 2012).
- Conducts independent investigations into employee complaints of discrimination, harassment, and retaliation.
- Provides compliance and risk awareness training for management and employees in various areas of Employment Law, including harassment training and FLSA compliance.
- Trains supervisors in effective management techniques.
News & Knowledge
- December 19, 2019
2020 Louisiana Super Lawyers and Rising StarsRead More
- November 4, 2019
FormanWatkins Attorneys Named to 2019 Top Lawyers List by New Orleans MagazineRead More
- January 2, 2019
2019 Louisiana Super Lawyers and Rising StarsRead More
- August 31, 2018
FormanWatkins Promotes Experience of Labor & Employment Practice Group in Recognition of Labor DayRead More
- March 21, 2018
2017 Pro Bono and Civic Engagement Annual ReportRead More
- December 27, 2017
Louisiana Super Lawyers Announced for 2018Read More
- August 29, 2017
Gault, Latuso, and Mulholland Win Summary Judgment in Breach of Contract CaseRead More
- August 4, 2017
FormanWatkins Attorneys & Summer Clerks Lead Legal ClinicRead More
- January 23, 2017
Firm Announces New Pro Bono Committee and PartnershipsRead More
- January 9, 2017
FormanWatkins Announces 2017 Louisiana Rising Stars Rated by Super LawyersRead More
- September 29, 2016
New Orleans Office Adds Two New Partners and Two AssociatesRead More
- September 28, 2016
Join Us at Perrin Conferences’ Diversity and Inclusion Conference on November 3, 2016Read More
- Selected to Louisiana Rising Stars (2016-2020)
- Selected as a Top Lawyer for Labor & Employment Law by New Orleans Magazine (2019)
- Society for Human Resources Management
- “Women’s Personal and Professional Development Workshop Series: Becoming Your Best Self: Take Command, Be Empowered and Own Your Future,” LSBA Midyear Meeting, Baton Rouge, Louisiana
- “Becoming Your Best Self: Take Command, Be Empowered, and Own Your Future,” LSBA/LJC Summer School, Destin, Florida
- “Mass Tort ‘Death Penalty’ Issues – Key Recent Developments,” HarrisMartin’s MDL Conference: Critical Developments in Mass Torts, MDLs, and Game-Changing Jurisprudence, New Orleans, Louisiana
- “The Current Landscape: The Silence Breakers, Pay Equity & Creating Change,” Women in Law Summit, Houston, Texas
- “Turning Words into Actions,” Perrin Diversity & Inclusion Conference, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- “Top 8 at 8:00 a.m., Eight Ways To Keep Your Practice In Check and Compliant With Employment Laws,” Presenter, Fundamentals Conference of the American Immigration Lawyers Association, New Orleans, Louisiana
Pro Bono & Community Service
- Assistant Bar Examiner for the Committee on Bar Admissions of the Supreme Court of Louisiana
- CASA Jefferson Volunteer Event Coordinator
Law School Honors & Awards
- Highest grade achieved in Common Law Contracts for Civil Law Students and Comparative Law courses
- William L. Crowe Scholar
- Prior to joining FormanWatkins, Erin was a Partner with the law firm of Cotten Schmidt & Abbott, L.L.P., where she handled various litigation matters and served as outside general counsel for clients.