- St. Mary’s College of Maryland, cum laude
- William & Mary Law School, J.D.
- District of Columbia
- Law Clerk, Eighteenth Judicial Circuit of Virginia
Jean understands that sound business demands excellent legal results, and that her clients' unique goals should underpin and ultimately drive litigation strategy. Clients can expect Jean to zealously advocate for their business interests and seek efficient ways to secure a win. Jean is particularly interested and experienced in leveraging innovative technology to serve her clients, both in anticipation of and in the heat of litigation, and she is a proud member of the firm's Technology Committee.
Jean has played the cello at music festivals in Italy, interned with the Appellate Staff at the Department of Justice, and won awards at the Intel International Science and Engineering Fair; she grew up in the Washington, D.C. area, was a lawyer with an AmLaw100 firm there, and now proudly calls Jackson, Mississippi home. Jean puts her uncommon background to work for her clients and is a sincere believer that successful people hire to their weaknesses - this holds true in the law just as much as it does in business, where the best legal minds rely on diverse perspectives to guarantee exceptional results. Jean offers experience, unyielding work ethic, and counsel a client can trust.
Important Litigation Involvement
- Defended Fortune 500 company against fraud and consumer protection claims in state and federal court; all matters voluntarily dismissed by plaintiffs.
- Defended large national corporation against fraud, conspiracy, and breach of contract claims brought by a subcontractor; the majority of these claims were dismissed on summary judgment, and surviving claims were voluntarily dismissed by plaintiff.
- Pursued former employees, officers, and directors of government contractors for breach of fiduciary obligations, fraud, trade secret violations, and theft of proprietary materials; these matters were favorably settled through negotiation and mediation.
News & Knowledge
- November 30, 2020
2020 Mid-South Super Lawyers and Rising StarsRead More
- August 20, 2020
FormanWatkins Attorneys Recognized in 2021 Edition of Best Lawyers®Read More
- March 2, 2020
FormanWatkins Runs the Mississippi Blues MarathonRead More
- November 5, 2019
2019 Mid-South Super Lawyers and Rising StarsRead More
- The Best Lawyers in America®: Ones to Watch, 2021: Commercial Litigation, Mass Tort Litigation/Class Actions – Defendants, Product Liability Litigation – Defendants
- Selected to Mid-South Rising Stars (2019-2020)