- Tulane University Law School, J.D., 2010
- Clemson University, Sports Management, 2007, cum laude
- Louisiana, 2010
As someone who thoroughly enjoys problem solving, Melissa has always been attracted to the critical and analytical thinking skills required in the practice of the law, and she practices them well. As a four time high school volleyball state champion and lover of challenges, Melissa is competitive by nature and passionate about everything she does. These qualities are what make her indispensable as a lawyer today. Melissa knows that litigation is tough for all parties involved, so she dedicates herself to finding personalized, thorough solutions for her clients and building lasting relationships with them. Fueled by her job's daily challenges, Melissa relishes in the chance to think outside the box for her clients. Her determination manifests every day as she operates under the belief that you should never regret anything in life. To Melissa, if it's good, it's wonderful, and if it's bad, it's experience. Keeping this in mind, Melissa is always learning as an attorney. She never sees failure, but simply an opportunity to grow for the benefit of the client. Ultimately, clients will find Melissa to be an advocate who is passionate in her work and compassionate in her approach, exactly what you need in a litigation attorney.
News & Knowledge
- Selected to Louisiana Rising Stars (2018-2020)
Law School Honors & Awards
- Tulane Journal of Technology & Intellectual Property, 2009 Quill Award Winner
- New Orleans Bar Association
- Defense Research Institute (DRI)
- “When Your Rights Depend on Your Paycheck: The Scary Way Courts Are Deciding Right of Publicity Cases.” 12 Tul. J. Tech & Intell. Prop. 277-292 (2009).
- “At the Direction of the User or Service Provider: The District Court of Northern California Takes a Stand on What Constitutes Creating a Copy Under DMCA Safe Harbors.” 11 Tul. J. Tech. & Intell. Prop. 147-156 (2008).
- “Finding Your Voice: Strategies for Preparing for and Defending 30(b)(6) Depositions,” Summit V, May 2019, New Orleans, Louisiana