- University of Alabama, J.D.
- University of Mississippi, B.A. in Public Policy Leadership, magna cum laude
- Mississippi, 2016
- Alabama, 2022
- Judicial Clerk to the Honorable Carlton W. Reeves, U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Mississippi
Chelsea is a litigator who draws on her valuable experience as a federal law clerk in her analysis and management of cases. Her time in the courtroom has resulted in Chelsea being a go-to member of trial teams for national clients as they prepare case dispositive briefing and for trial in state and federal courts across the country. Her focus on practical, grounded advice to clients has resulted in numerous dismissals of clients in state and federal courts. Aside from her litigation practice, Chelsea has a particular interest in representing student athletes, coaches, and universities in the unique set of challenges that can arise regarding athletic eligibility. In her free time, Chelsea is an active member of St. James’ Episcopal Church and enjoys advising college students on national scholarship applications.
Important Litigation Involvement
- Member of trial team representing premises owner in mesothelioma case in Mobile, AL; primary responsibilities included drafting and arguing motions in limine and preparing fact witness testimony.
- Represents Fortune 500 clients in connection with both premises and products liability cases relating to asbestos exposures pending throughout Alabama.
- Briefed and argued multiple motions to dismiss resulting in client dismissals in state courts in Mississippi.
- Drafted successful exclusion of plaintiff’s experts and summary judgment award in federal court.
- Significant experience working closely with expert witnesses across multiple disciplines, including preparing and presenting for deposition, and successfully drafting Daubert challenges to limit the same.
News & Knowledge
- November 28, 2023
Twenty-one FormanWatkins Attorneys Honored as 2023 Mid-South Super Lawyers and Rising StarsRead More
- August 21, 2023
45 FormanWatkins Attorneys Recognized as Best Lawyers® Award RecipientsRead More
- November 29, 2022
23 FormanWatkins Attorneys Named 2022 Mid-South Super Lawyers and Rising StarsRead More
- July 18, 2022
Fifth Circuit Affirms Summary Judgment Ruling in Favor of FormanWatkins Forest Products ClientRead More
- June 6, 2022
Forest Products Team Wins Again in Federal CourtRead More
- November 30, 2021
Proudly Announcing Our 2021 Mid-South Super Lawyers and Rising StarsRead More
- September 30, 2021
Lewis and Metcalf Win Dismissal of State-Court Tort Claims Against Timberland OwnerRead More
- May 17, 2021
Metcalf and Lewis Win Summary Judgment in Federal Pesticide CaseRead More
- February 4, 2021
FormanWatkins Awards 17 Attorneys with Pro Bono Recognition for Service in 2020Read More
- January 20, 2021
Metcalf and Lewis Successfully Exclude Speculative Medical Testimony in Forestry Herbicide CaseRead More
- September 9, 2019
FormanWatkins Welcomes Three New Associates to Jackson OfficeRead More
- Selected to The Best Lawyers in America® Ones to Watch (2024)
- Selected to Mid-South Rising Stars (2021-2023)
- FormanWatkins Pro Bono Star, 2020
- University of Mississippi – Lott Leadership Institute Alumni Advisory Board Member
- University of Mississippi – Sally McDonnell Barksdale Honors College Alumni Advisory Board Member
- American Inns of Court, Charles Clark Chapter
- Speaker, Lott Leadership Institute Lunch & Learn, University of Mississippi, March 2021
- Sally McDonnell Barksdale Honors College Freshman Orientation Keynote Speaker, 2017
Pro Bono & Community Service
- Representation of juvenile who was convicted of life without parole in petition for resentencing pursuant to Supreme Court precedent
- Member of St. James’ Episcopal Church
Law School Honors & Awards
- Order of the Samaritan (Pro Bono and Community Service Award)
- Alabama Civil Rights & Civil Liberties Law Review, Senior Editor
- Phi Beta Kappa
- 2011 George J. Mitchell Scholar
- 2010 Harry S. Truman Scholar
- Ole Miss Hall of Fame
- Law Fellow, Southern Poverty Law Center
- Judicial Extern to the Honorable Abdul Kallon, U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Alabama