- Michigan State University College of Law, J.D., magna cum laude
- University of Michigan, B.A. Philosophy
- Michigan, 2000
- U.S. District Court for Eastern and Western Districts of Michigan, 2004
Dedicated to the goals of her clients, Cleo is a hard-working lawyer who wants to move her clients forward during and after their case. With each unique case, Cleo makes it her mission to further the education of she and her clients by becoming an expert in whatever the litigation involves and helping her clients grow from their experience. Cleo maintains a solid trust and relationship with the other litigation attorneys around her, and has a reputation for dedication and competitiveness. For Cleo, it's a matter of wanting what's best for the client.
Cleo spends much of her time defending asbestos personal-injury cases in Michigan and nationwide. She works closely with her clients to develop, implement and guide tailored defense strategies. Cleo's demonstrated dedication to her clients can be seen as she advances their cases towards resolution with focus on the client's goal. Clients can expect this strong sense of commitment from her because to Cleo in the end, that's what the client deserves.
Important Litigation Involvement
- Participates in seminars for clients and insurance carriers regarding developments in premises liability law – including, prevention and steps to take in anticipation of litigation
- Represented management companies of apartment complexes; worked with the management companies before and after litigation began. Coordinates proactive research and meeting with clients and company employees to provide instruction on how to prevent accidents and how to prepare for litigation immediately following the accident. For example, photograph the area and measure/document the snow or ice that is present
- Represented mobile home parks in trip and fall and property damage cases
- Represented a general contractor in a construction defect case in which the plaintiff claimed that the re-purposing project exposed its patients to asbestos and interfered with the operation of its business
- Represented both individuals and insurers in first and third party auto-negligence claims