- University of Houston, J.D., 1985
- Trinity University B.A. Political Science 1982 Permanent University Scholar 1979
- Texas, 1985
Pete Andarsio joined the firm as a partner on January 1, 2016. He specializes in asbestos premises liability, having served as Liaison counsel for the Texas Premises Joint Defense Group since 1992. His role as Liaison counsel includes taking lead in oral arguments before the courts, coordinating the defense of claims, including medical work up of multi-plaintiff cases, coordinating discovery, retention of experts, and negotiating settlements. Pete's unique, consistent ability to timely and efficiently meet the needs of multiple clients and work closely with co-counsel in a group context has enabled him to act as Liaison counsel for almost a quarter century in Texas asbestos premises litigation. He employs the same level of commitment and dedication when representing individual clients.
Important Litigation Involvement
- Served as Liaison counsel in multiple mass tort cases, including asbestos premises liability suits in Russell Allen v. American Petrofina; French Hicks v. AMF, Inc.
- Served as plaintiff co-counsel in a DTPA Fraud commercial suit on behalf of MPR, Inc. against Federal Signal Corporation in 1993 which resulted in a 17 million dollar jury verdict for client in a San Antonio federal court.
News & Knowledge
- The Best Lawyers in America®, 2021: Mass Tort Litigation/Class Actions – Defendants
- Martindale-Hubbell DistinguishedSM Peer Review Rating
- Texas Premises Join Defense Group
- Appointed to Special Liaison Committee by Judge Mark Davidson – assist the Texas Asbestos MDL in managing active case docket
Pro Bono & Community Service
- Community service devoted to coaching youth sports for 15 years: Katy Youth Football, Katy All American Football, Katy Youth Basketball, YMCA Basketball, Upward Bear Creek Basketball, Katy Youth Soccer, Bear Creek Little League Baseball, YMCA Langham Creek Baseball, Katy Pony Baseball
Law School Honors & Awards
- Editor in Chief Houston Journal of International Law 1984-85
- Began representing asbestos premises defendants in 1987 and represented three premises defendants in toxic tort chemical suits filed in 1985