- University of Mississippi School of Law, J.D., magna cum laude
- Tulane University, B.A., cum laude (English, Communications, and French)
- Mississippi, 2010
- Louisiana, 2011
- Federal Law Clerk to United States District Judge S. Thomas Anderson – Memphis, TN
To McCann, there is nothing more stimulating than diving deep into a case to uncover the evidence she needs to bring home a win. Thorough and driven, McCann exercises constant curiosity while working her cases, exploring all avenues and possibilities in order to give her clients confidence and peace of mind. McCann is fiercely loyal. Clients can expect her to be well-prepared and well-researched when crafting novel solutions to their unique situations. She is a true advocate with a strong work ethic and firm beliefs in listening, perseverance, kindness, and passion. When she's not joyfully knee-deep in litigation, McCann is at home making creative homemade Halloween and Mardi Gras costumes for her family and practicing her favorite pastime: forwarding memes.
Important Litigation Involvement
- Successfully defended Fortune 500 client as first chair for bench trial in Texas Workers’ Compensation claim and then won on appeal.
- Lead counsel on behalf of Fortune 50 energy client in alleged benzene exposure cases at their premises.
- Co-lead counsel for Fortune 50 energy client in alleged benzene exposure cases in relation to their products.
- Co-lead counsel for Fortune 50 energy company regarding asbestos matters in both Federal and State courts of Louisiana with responsibilities that include preparation for cross examination of fact witnesses at trial and expert discovery, as well as briefing on complex contractual, removal and dispositive claims.
- Represented Fortune 500 powersports manufacturer client in connection with commercial, contract, and products liability cases in Louisiana.
- Co-lead counsel for Fortune 50 and Fortune 200 energy clients on Jones Act claims in Louisiana.
- Lead counsel representation for Fortune 200 paper product manufacturer in legacy environmental claims in Louisiana.
- Served as co-lead counsel in commercial litigation claims for national medical products company.
- Co-lead counsel in labor & employment-related claims, including negotiation and litigation of non-competes and FMLA challenges for various clients throughout Louisiana
- Lead counsel representation in workers compensation claims for employers and insurers in Louisiana.
- Co-lead counsel for Fortune 500 forest products client on various expropriation claims in Louisiana.
- Negotiated gestational carrier contract with agency in Georgia.
News & Knowledge
- February 20, 2023
Forman Watkins & Krutz Attorneys Attend DRI 2023 Women in the Law SeminarRead More
- August 18, 2022
FormanWatkins Attorneys Included in 2023 Best Lawyers® ListRead More
- April 6, 2022
Folsom, Huskey, and LeFeve Promoted to PartnerRead More
- March 8, 2022
FormanWatkins Awards 16 Attorneys with Pro Bono Recognition for Service in 2021Read More
- August 19, 2021
FormanWatkins Attorneys Recognized in 2022 Edition of Best Lawyers®Read More
- February 4, 2021
FormanWatkins Awards 17 Attorneys with Pro Bono Recognition for Service in 2020Read More
- August 20, 2020
FormanWatkins Attorneys Recognized in 2021 Edition of Best Lawyers®Read More
- February 18, 2020
FormanWatkins Hosts Lunch and Learn at Southern University Law SchoolRead More
- February 5, 2020
FormanWatkins Attorneys Attend DRI 2020 Women in the Law SeminarRead More
- December 19, 2019
2020 Louisiana Super Lawyers and Rising StarsRead More
- August 31, 2018
FormanWatkins Promotes Experience of Labor & Employment Practice Group in Recognition of Labor DayRead More
- July 12, 2018
LeFeve and Pujol Obtain Favorable Decision for Fortune 50 Client in TexasRead More
- The Best Lawyers in America®: Ones to Watch (2021, 2022, 2023): Mass Tort Litigation/Class Actions – Defendants, Personal Injury Litigation – Defendants, Product Liability Litigation – Defendants
- Selected to Louisiana Rising Stars
- FormanWatkins Pro Bono Star
- Can an EEOC Intake Questionnaire Constitute a Charge of Discrimination under the Age Discrimination in Employment Act?, 35 ABA PREVIEW of United States Supreme Court Cases 56 (2007) (with Prof. Paul Secunda).
Pro Bono & Community Service
- FormanWatkins Pro Bono Star
- Member of Young Leadership Council
Law School Honors & Awards
- Mississippi Law Journal
- Member of Moot Court Board
- Moot Court Board Member of the Year
- First-Year Appellate Advocacy Competition Winner
- Mississippi Review of First Impressions Editor-in-Chief
- Order of Barristers