- University of Mississippi School of Law, J.D.
- University of Southern Mississippi, B.A. Political Science With Honors
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- U.S. District Courts for Northern and Southern Districts of Mississippi
- MDL 875, U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- Judicial Panel on Multi-District Litigation
- U.S. Court of Appeal for the Third Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Wisconsin
- U.S. District Court for the Northern, Southern, and Eastern Districts of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court for the District of Montana
- U.S. District Courts for the Eastern and Western Districts of Arkansas
- Federal District Court for the Eastern District of Missouri
With years of schooling and significant real-world experience, Jennifer is a successful attorney who is passionate about people and the practice of law. She studied abroad in college, worked as an assistant D.A., and served as a Municipal Court Judge. She currently represents numerous companies in a variety of lawsuits. Business is personal with Jennifer, and she dedicates her time to protecting the legacies of her clients. She builds personal relationships with her clients that foster open communication and trust, which allows her to better understand their needs. When working with Jennifer, clients can expect to see an attorney who is responsive, hardworking, and truly wants to make a difference.
Important Litigation Involvement
- Salvador Parra vs. Babcock Power Services, Inc. Et Al and John Doe Defendants 1-500, No. 2009-42-cv5 (Jones Co., Miss. 2021), which granted motion for dismissal due to lack of prosecution and the case was dismissed with prejudice.
- Jerry Pryor vs. Union Pacific Railroad Company and Arkansas Midland Railroad Company, No. 4:19-cv-00233-JM (E.D. AR 2020), which granted summary judgment on behalf of a railroad company in a case where the Plaintiff alleged he contracted bladder cancer and leukemia resulting from his workplace exposure to cancer-causing substances.
- Charles Stroud v. Wal-Mart Stores East, LP, No. 1:18-CV-110 – Doc. 77 (S.D. Miss. 2019), which granted summary judgment in favor of the Defendant a wrongful death case. Judgment of the District Court was affirmed by the 5th Circuit Court of Appeals on January 17, 2020.
- Charm Kosin v. Union Pacific Railroad Company, No. 4:17-cv-02435 – Doc. 126 (E.D. MO 2019), in which the Court granted summary judgment in favor of the Defendant based on Defendant’s argument that Plaintiff filed her lawsuit after the expiration of the applicable statute of limitations.
- Carolyn Bratton v. Wal-Mart Stores East, LP, No. 3:16-CV-784 – Doc. 45 (S.D. Miss. 2018), which granted summary judgment in favor of the Defendant in a slip and fall case.
- Phillips v. Wal-Mart Stores East LP, No. 5:2014cv00035 (S.D. Miss. 2015), Court granted summary judgment in favor of Defendant in wrongful death case.
- Gorman-Rupp v. Bobby Hall, 908 So. 2d 749 (Miss. 2005), which adopted Lohrmann as the standard for summary judgment for Mississippi asbestos cases.
Reported Decisions as Trial Counsel
- Michael Green v. State, 884 So. 2d 733 (Miss. 2004).
- Lamarcus Hall v. State, 892 So. 2d 261 (Miss. App. 2004).
- Roger Johnson v. State, 884 So. 2d 787 (Miss. App. 2004).
- Willie Lee Martin v. State, 872 So. 2d 173 (Miss. App. 2004).
- Leo McIntyre v. State, 900 So. 2d 380 (Miss. App. 2004).
- Melvin Ransom v. State, 918 So. 2d 710 (Miss. App. 2004).
- Albert Smith v. State, 911 So. 2d 541 (Miss. App. 2004).
- James V. White v. State, 842 So. 2d 565 (Miss. 2003).
- Steven Ray v. State, 828 So. 2d 827 (Miss. 2002).
- David Thomas v. State, 828 So. 2d 1270 (Miss. App. 2002).
- Steven Ray v. State, 798 So. 2d 579 (Miss. 2001).
- Tommy Buie v. State, 761 So. 2d 892 (Miss. App. 2000).
- Jeffrey Jones v. State, 754 So. 2d 476 (Miss. App. 1999).
- Willie Ray Wallace v. State, 741 So. 2d 938 (Miss. App. 1999).
News & Knowledge
- July 8, 2021
FormanWatkins Holds Lunch-and-learn on DRI Women in the Law SeminarRead More
- June 8, 2021
Studebaker, Reed, and McFarland Win Motion for Dismissal for Client in Jones CountyRead More
- November 30, 2020
2020 Mid-South Super Lawyers and Rising StarsRead More
- October 15, 2020
Summary Judgment Won in Arkansas Federal CourtRead More
- August 20, 2020
FormanWatkins Attorneys Recognized in 2021 Edition of Best Lawyers®Read More
- November 5, 2019
2019 Mid-South Super Lawyers and Rising StarsRead More
- August 15, 2019
FormanWatkins Attorneys Recognized in 2020 Edition of Best Lawyers®Read More
- October 15, 2018
Mississippi Business Journal Recognizes Jennifer Studebaker as Leading Business WomanRead More
- August 22, 2018
FormanWatkins Attorneys Recognized in 2019 Edition of Best LawyersRead More
- August 21, 2017
FormanWatkins Attorneys Recognized in 2018 Edition of Best LawyersRead More
- May 30, 2017
Jennifer Studebaker Receives “Women of Influence” Award for Mass Tort/Class Actions by Best LawyersRead More
- January 10, 2017
Jennifer Studebaker Honored by Mississippi Business Journal as a 2016 Leader in LawRead More
- October 31, 2016
“In Most States, Bankruptcy Trust Information Remains Elusive” by Jennifer Studebaker, guest writer for KCIC BlogRead More
- August 15, 2016
FormanWatkins Attorneys Recognized in 2017 Edition of Best LawyersRead More
- August 3, 2016
Join Our Speakers at Perrin Conferences’ Asbestos Litigation ConferenceRead More
- July 7, 2015
Jennifer Studebaker Wins Summary Judgement in Wrongful Death CaseRead More
- Selected to Mid-South Super Lawyers (2019-2020)
- Business Woman of the Year 2019 finalist, Mississippi Business Journal
- “Woman of Influence” Award Recipient for Mass Tort/Class Actions, Best Lawyers in America® 2017 Spring Edition
- Martindale-Hubbell® AV Preeminent® Peer Review Rating
- The Best Lawyers in America® since 2017: Mass Tort Litigation/Class Actions – Defendants
- Selected as one of Mississippi Business Journal’s 2016 Leaders in Law
- Mississippi Bar Association (1996-present)
- Montana Bar Association (2016-present)
- Texas Bar Association (2016-present)
- Arkansas Bar Association (2018-present)
- Missouri Bar Association (2018-present)
- Habitat for Humanity Board of Directors (2018-present)
- Executive Committee (2018-present)
- Co-Chair of Keys to Thirty Committee (2018)
- Co-Chair of Family Support Committee (2019)
- Treasurer (2020)
- Habitat for Humanity Advisory Board (2016-2017)
- Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation, Board Member (2016-present)
- Executive Committee (2019-present)
- Board Development and Nominating Committee Chair (2019-present)
- Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation, Nominating Committee (2013-2015)
- University of Mississippi Alumni Association (1996-present)
- Pi Beta Phi Alumni Association (1993-present)
- University of Southern Mississippi Alumni Association (1993-present)
- “Daimler: Where Do We Belong and Where Are We Going?” Perrin Asbestos Litigation Conference, Beverly Hills, California
- “Strategy for Utilizing Bankruptcy Trust Information,” Perrin Asbestos Litigation Conference, San Francisco, California
- Jackson Police Department Training Academy, Guest Lecturer on Rules of Evidence, Courtroom Decorum, and Search and Seizure
- HarrisMartin Asbestos Litigation Conference, MDL 875
- FELA Occupational Claims Seminar, MDL 875
- Mississippi Bureau of Narcotics, Guest Lecturer on Search and Seizure and Report Writing
- Hinds County Sheriff’s Department, Guest Lecturer on Search and Seizure and Report Writing
Law School Honors & Awards
- Contract Negotiation Award
- Phi Delta Phi
- Who’s Who: American Law Students
- Hinds County District Attorney’s Office, Assistant District Attorney
- Senior Deputy Assistant District Attorney
- Municipal Court Judge for City of Jackson, Mississippi